UP TO 12 MONTH OF BACK RENT.
UP TO 3 ADDITIONAL MONTHS OF FUTURE RENTAL ASSISTANCE.
UTILITY ASSISTANCE paid directly to the utility, companies for past-due utility and energy costs.
Macedonia Elementary Middle School
Program Eligibility and Overview
Assistance is available for households in which one or more individuals meet the following criteria:
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80% of county median income adjusted by family size.
Based upon federal requirements, priority will be given to households with an income at or below 50% of the median income and those with an individual who has been unemployed for more than 90 days. Household income can be determined by using income for calendar year 2020 or the household’s monthly income at the time of application.
To prepare for the launch of SC Stay Plus, applicants can start by gathering the following documentation. Please note: Not all documents are required, and lack of some documents should not discourage applicants from applying.
- Pictures or scans of a photo identification (driver’s license, passport [including foreign passports], etc.)
- A copy (or picture) of their signed lease, or proof of rent payments (bank account statement [edit out any confidential information!] or Venmo/Zell screenshot) if a signed lease is not available.
- A 2020 Federal Tax Return (1040/1040EZ or equivalent) or pay stub from the last 60 days. Please note that only the first two pages of a tax return are required.